Activities around the Malbuisson Lake
The lake Saint-Point
The Atelier de Donat, hôtel restaurant in Malbuisson, welcomes you on the shores of the Saint Point Lake, the third natural lake in France. At 200 meters from any house, our hotel offers peace and serenity, in the heart of an exceptional setting.
To make the most of the lake, the beach is at your disposal right in front of the property : swimming, relaxing but also pedalo, canoeing, fishing, stand up paddle, rowing, catamaran, wind surfing... Several rental shops offer their services. You can even go for a ride on the lake aboard an electric motor boat to discover the landscape in gentle way.
And in the winter, put on ice-skates and skate out onto the frozen waters of the lake ! Feelings of liberty and freedom guaranteed !
Do not hesitate to take the pedestrian path that goes around the lake which passes right in front of L'Atelier de Donat.
Malbuisson opens the gates to the Haut Doubs and the mountain of the Jura. Summer time or winter, in Malbuisson or arround area, many outdoor activities await you :
- A few steps away from L'Atelier de Donat, the aquatic complex of Malbuisson invites you to relax with its many facilities : Sauna, jacuzzi, steam room, outdoor and indoor swimming pools, slides and water games, body care...
- Many marked trails are available to take you between lake, forests and summits : tour the lake, hike up the Mont D'or or follow the trail of the GRS... For all levels and all outdoor desires, on foot or by bicycle, let yourself be seduced by the large Franc Comtois open spaces!
- Winter sports : in Malbuisson, you can go on the cross-country ski runs. Snowshoe hikes will also make change. Sledging, ice skating, sled dogs or ski-joering (towed by horse)... : the opportunites are endless.
- Downhill skiing, snowboarding, downhill mountain biking, summer sledging and an adventure park... Located just 9km from Malbuisson, Métabief station will satisfy all your desires for thrills and speed.
Not far from L'Atelier de Donat, do not miss :
- TheChâteau de Joux (15 km) : medieval stronghold which became the state prison of Louis XV to Napoléon and an artillery fort during the Second World War. This astonishing castle overlooking Pontarlier and its surroundings holds many things to discover.
- Pontarlier (15 km) : Ranked among the "most beautiful tourist detours of France". Visit this authentic "city in the mountains" and try the aperitif that bears its name.
- Le Fort de St-Antoine (7 km) : this former military fort was transformed into a comté cheese aging cellar.
- Juraparc (in Vallorbe Switzerland, 26 km) : go and meet the bison, wolves and bears that reside in this natural park.